Shauna McColl Photography

 photo final_logo_smallc_zps8681c41a.jpg

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hope expecting ........


This was a tough one for me, or so I thought ...........  I did have much anxiety about this session before it happened.  This lovely and beautiful lady is our family photographer.  She was in the business for 10 years or more I believe, she is focusing on other things at the moment but that is how I met her years ago.  Our home is filled with framed prints and canvases of photos she has done for us.  When I think back to when my own photography journey began, I would say the starting point was when I took a very basic "Introduction to Photography" class, and guess who the teacher was?  Yep, this lovely lady right here ;)  As my passion grew, she was one of my biggest supporters and I can't even count how many times I have come to her for advice.  She is our photographer, my teacher, mentor, supporter and now she is someone who I can call a friend.  When she was about 12 weeks along, she let me know that she was expecting #2 and that SHE wanted ME to do her maternity and newborns photos!  I was in shock, and it felt so strange, but I knew I had to put on my big girl panties and do it even if it felt "weird" (weird doesn't seem the best word, but I am just not sure there is a word to describe my feelings at the time).  To be totally honest I always have some anxiety before doing maternity sessions, newborns is where I am most confident and so I was even more nervous to do Hope's maternity photos, but I think it went okay :)  She had these great ideas that were so much fun :)  I am so very excited to meet this little baby in her belly, I know we will have so much fun with him in the studio :) 


0 comments: