Shauna McColl Photography

 photo final_logo_smallc_zps8681c41a.jpg

Monday, November 14, 2011

Introducing Miss "D" and Mr. "R".......

This was my first set of twins, and I was VERY excited to meet these two.  These guys were born 4 weeks early and did spend some time in the NICU.  Mr. R was in there for longer, he had some problems with baby reflux, poor guy.  So the day I photographed them was their actual 'due date' but of course they were already 4 weeks old.  I didn't know what to expect, since this was my first set of twins, and I had never photographed a 'newborn' this old before, but I went into the session with positive thinking and an open mind, like I do for every session.  These babies were AMAZING!  They did so well, I was so impressed, and I got so many of them together.  It's pretty well known that I am a baby addict, baby fever never really goes away for me.  I have been able to keep it under control since I get to snuggle newborns in the studio every week-end, and then THEY GO HOME, however, spending the day with these two babies did make my uterus ache just a little (shhhhh don't tell my husband, or he will have me comitted;).  I just kept telling myself, "try to imagine what it is like trying to feed two babies at 3:00 a.m."  I have nothing but respect and admiration for their parents and all parents of twins.  I am so grateful for this experience and really enjoyed getting to know this family.  Enjoy :)




















0 comments: