Shauna McColl Photography

 photo final_logo_smallc_zps8681c41a.jpg

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goodbye 2011 Hello 2012 ..........

It has been an AWESOME year for me, I have loved meeting and photographing so many babies!  I am not one to set New Years resolutions, but I think it is a good idea to set goals (really anytime of the year).  So for me, I want to be Lethbridge's BEST newborn and baby photographer!  There I said it, it's out there.  I honestly don't know where I stand with my competition because I never look at other local photographers websites or fanpages (at least the ones that also do newborns and babies) because I don't want to be accidentally inspired by something I see.  I strongly believe that you should draw your inspiration from photographers that are out of your area (it's not cool to copy or be 'inspired' by someone in your same town).  In the last few years there has been a huge boom in this industry, newborn photographers in particular, and there are so many incredibly talented photographers here, I just want to be one of them.  I love doing this so much :)  I know I have said that when my kids are in school full-time, I will take on more and maybe become a full-time photographer, but I am honestly not really sure.  Right now, I am a full-time mom and a part-time photographer, and as cliche as it sounds, photography really is my passion.  Before every session, I get soooo excited, I love meeting new clients and catching up with old ones, as a self-proclaimed baby addict, I love every minute of my newborn and baby sessions.  I have met so many awesome people, I am so lucky to have the BEST clients and I have even made some new friends!  I am afraid that if I take on too much, this might become a job and I will loose my passion for it, and I don't want that to ever happen.  It was never my intention for this to be a "job".  I am loving this, so I guess I will just take things as they come, and when the time comes, I will decide whether or not to go full time.  The only thing I don't like about only being part-time is sometimes having to turn people away, I don't think any photographer wants to do that, I just hope that people understand, just keeping up with the laundry for my family of nine is a full-time job!  I can honestly say that I love my life, I would not change a thing, my kids are my everything and my photography is the icing on the cake, I feel so lucky.  I can't wait to meet all of the new babies of 2012 and catch up with some old ones to.  Thank you to everyone, friends, family, fans, clients for the continued support!  There will be a few changes in 2012 for Shauna McColl Photography, but I hope they will all be good changes, I am happy about the road I am on, I am not where I want to be yet, but I am well on my way.  I will hopefully be getting a website soon too (I know its about time ;) I can't wait for that :)  So here are my favorite photos from the past year, personal and business, Enjoy :)









































































0 comments: